Long & Foster Real Estate is looking to fill this position for the summer of 2023.
The Handyman will report directly to the Branch Manager and is responsible for the basic upkeep of properties. The position is usually seasonal between the months of May and September, but can change due to demand. 40 hour work week with days off during the week. (Weekends a must).
- Perform basic diagnostic duties (including refrigerators, A/C units, garbage disposals, etc).
- Commute between main office and real estate properties.
- Responsible for basic property upkeep (replacing lightbulbs, collect trash, etc).
- Customer Service – Interact with residents and provide quality customer service.
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Basic repair skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An open bed pickup truck or van is a plus
- Ability to work independently and maintain a flexible schedule. Weekend work is required
We are a company that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.